This is a new kind of software charging
model, that combines the best features of free software and commercial
software. The main points are:
- JBCL Small Change can be used to administer small charges for any
- Charges are only made for when the user uses the software - not
for having the software
- Software does not need to be copy protected using this model
- It is particularly designed for charging very small amounts for
usage of software
- The Software keeps a running balance of your credit and warns
when you are running low
- You can top up credit via standard payment methods, by
credit card payment, similar to recharging a phone card etc
- You will not have to top up very often - it may take weeks or
months to use up even a small credit
- This software is designed to make free software earn a small
amount of money from a large number of users.
is designed to make even small software providers able to compete wuth
large coporates by streamlining the administration of
payments. This payment model is more suitable for small
companies than large.
- Payments used for one computers usage cannot be used for another
charging mechanism is designed to be fool-proof - even if it is
possible to circumvent the charges it will take so much work to
few cents or dollars it will not be worth it
JBCL Small Change is used to administer charging for another software
package, it works the same way - it charges a very small fee for each
transaction it administers.
is as much as possible ethical - small charges are only applied for
operations that the program does that are useful to you and operations
that you choose to do.
- Repeated or automated processing the program does will either not
be charged, or may be charged but at a low or bulk rate.
JBCL Small Change can be set up to administer charging for other
software packages - if you are interested contact JBCL.